Monday, November 17, 2014

NFL Monday recap

I didn't see football the past two weeks due to flight scheduling. I tried to keep up via my ESPN phone app, but yesterday's football was mind blowing. This morning I am having to catch up via media sources so I'll just give my shocked impressions of what I learned upon landing back in 80 degree Florida.

Manning brothers - They threw seven picks combined this week. What? Peyton says he needs to play better football. Uh. You think?

Green Bay - This game popped right up when I turned on my phone while still sitting on the plane. 53 points against the Eagles? I knew it wouldn't be pretty, but 53 points? I better take a closer look at these guys. Although maybe it was those throwback uniforms like the Steelers bees.

Andy Dalton - Peyton can take heart. Have a couple of bad weeks, but then come back out and remember what you are suppose to do. Cincinnati's quarterback did just that making big throws and getting the win.

Saints fan - After scoring the Bengals third touchdown, Cincinnati's Jermaine Gresham spotted two female Bengals fans in the stands, gestured that he was giving them the ball, something that he will have to pony up cash for doing so, and tossed one of them the ball. Unfortunately for her, the New Orleans Saints player sitting next to her intercepted the ball as if he were a defensive player in the game of his life, elbowing her in the face, snatching the ball from her, and refusing to give it to her when she begged on national television. Pitiful. This isn't the MLB buddy. Clearly, Gresham was giving his fan the ball. This guy is a thief. Of course, the fan got the most important thing overall, the win, and she actually got another ball from the New Orleans organization along with a story. But seriously? Bad sportsmanship.

Tampa -Well looky, looky, the Bucs played some ball both defensively and offensively. Good for them. Can't wait to read all about it in my first newspaper in a week.

My picks - After a great pick week in week 10, I totally lost it this week. That's what happens when you miss a week watching games. Gotta get it back tonight.

ESPN commercial - I loved this week's commercial for Monday night football with Ben Roethlisberger throwing bombs and Antonio Brown catching touchdowns while You're Just to Good to be True played in the background. I'm feeling a win!






No comments: