Saturday, November 01, 2014

5 things to start the week


  1. Darcy's swim season has come to a close. She swam Florida Districts last week and Regionals this week. She made it through to Regionals in the 200 girls freestyle relay and missed qualifying individually in butterfly by two people. She dropped her time more than two seconds from her best time and dropped it by more than ten from last year's District time. Her goal is to swim through the summer and work hard to make that fly Regional next year, but we are proud of her accomplishments this year!
  2. Tom's brother is coming into town this weekend and we haven't seen him in over a year so it will be great to spend some time with him.
  3. My computer back up battery is down so my electrical expert is on the case while I use his Apple laptop, which I have to say is quite nice. No wonder Darcy has confiscated it. 
  4. My friend Sharon lost her brother on Friday morning. He was diagnosed with stage four colon cancer two years ago and wasn't suppose to live long. He defied the odds given to him and made the most of his time these last two years, spending quality time with her and his parents. He bought presents for her boys for her to give out each year until they reach 18. He will be missed and my love and prayers go out to her and her family.
  5. I'm heading to Indiana next week on business and to take my turn with my SIL through her next chemo treatment. It snowed there on Halloween yesterday so I'm heading to the mall today to find some warm clothes. I'm going to freeze to death!

No comments: