Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Resolution Check

I'm not going to lie. I didn't work hard at these resolutions the past two months. I thought about them. I thought about working on them. I just, well, didn't. Maybe next year's resolution should be about working on my resolutions? Hmmmm....
  1. To take control of my life both physically and mentally so that I am a happy, healthy person by the time I turn 50. I made this resolution as sort of a message to my mother and to myself. I needed to take control as an adult, a mother, a daughter, and especially for myself. When she died part of that resolution died too and slowly it all just seem to fall apart little by little. Turning 50 made it worse and suddenly I was just too tired and sad to continue working on it. But that's the nice thing about resolutions...you can make another one and so I'm wiping this one off and starting over.  Score:  1
  2. To treat my blogging as a job so that I am writing more than the previous year.  I tried with this one, but somewhere along the line I didn't feel like what I wanted to say should be shared with everyone, and then I didn't know what to say when I didn't say what I wanted to say. Ah, well, next year. Score:  1
  3. To purchase a new wardrobe and get rid of items that I have held on to for way too many years.  Okay, this one I did do. I sorted through old clothes and got rid of them several times over the year. I purchased new clothes. I even purchased clothes for myself for Christmas (and wrapped them and put them from the dog). So I guess I wasn't a slacker with all of my resolutions! Score:  10
  4. To assist in the college process as needed.  I like that I added "as needed" because dammit, those two little words are what I call a "10". I did help in the college process. I took Madison on campus tours. I helped her with her applications. I hounded her, and still hound her, on getting her &%$# essay written. I actually did this one too! Score:  10
  5. To seriously change my language so that the "naughty" words are used less.  Yes, this is one I've worked on for years, but if I'm going to take control this one should be controlled as well. I'll just carry this one over to next year...really.  Score:  0


Total (out of 50):  22 - So I went down from the last resolution check. It happens. It was a hard year. Here's to a better one next year! Happy New Year's to all my readers, family, and friends. Thank you for clicking on here at least once or twice a week. I appreciate it more than you know. May 2015 be the year of happiness, health, and good fortune for all!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Happy New Year. Love reading your blog. Keep writing:)