Sunday, December 21, 2014

NFL Picks - week 16

Last week - 14 - 2
Overall - 147 - 75

Jacksonville over Tennessee - Because the Jags haven't given up hope.

Washington over Philadelphia - My bad. I thought thinks in the capitol were too much to pull out a huge win.

San Diego over San Francisco - I thought Phillip Rivers had one more in him.

Detroit over Chicago - The Bears are benching their $$ quarterback because... they are pissed at him? Who knows. It caused a stir which is probably more why they did it then anything, but I made this pick before that news happened. The Lions had better pounce all over this back up cat despite clinching a berth to the playoffs with the Eagles loss.

Minnesota over Miami - I went daring on this one. Also because it will give my nephew something to harass me about when he is in town for the holidays if the Dolphins win.

New Orleans over Atlanta - I don't know. This one was a toss-up. I took the home team.

New England over the Jets - Yeah. Did anyone pick the opposite?

Pittsburgh over Kansas City - Last time we played these guys we got schooled, but that is the past. My boys are fired up and the streak will continue.

Green Bay over Tampa - The Packers (and their fans) roll into sunny Florida for a game that Aaron Rogers hopes will erase last week's game. The Bucs...well, they just hope it is over quickly.

Carolina over Cleveland - Man, I'm really going crazy this week on my picks, but Cam Newton is back this week from his car accident and he wants in the playoff picture. Cleveland? They aren't sure yet what quarterback they want on the field let alone deciding their future.

Baltimore over Houston - With the Steelers in front of them they aren't about to lose.

St. Louis over the Giants - The Rams like winning.

Indianapolis over Dallas - This is the big one. Can Andrew Luck pull out another win or are his recent mishaps a real concern? I think I had more faith in him then I do Tony Romo.

Buffalo over Oakland - The Bills will still be on the high from last week's win over the Packers. The Raiders are more concerned on whether or not Jim Harbaugh will go to Michigan or come across the bay.

Seattle over Arizona - I think the Seahawks keep their streak going to prove they can repeat.

Denver over Cincinnati - The flu is running through Denver so many players are listed as questionable, but again, I make these picks early in the week. I wasn't sure then that Manning would play as the Broncos have a berth, but it is Monday night football. Then again maybe it is just wishful hoping.


No comments: