Sunday, December 28, 2014

NFL picks week 17

Last Week - 8 - 8
Overall - 155 - 83

Carolina over Atlanta - Yep, these two teams have losing records and nothing today will change that. Doesn't matter. They are in the same division and one of them will go to the playoffs. Eeney, meeney, miney, Panthers!

Green Bay over Detroit - Both of these teams are in and today is a decision on where they are in. Sixth? First? Second? It's all Greek to me, but I went with the Packers because it is at Lambeau.

Indianapolis over Tennessee - Don't get me wrong. I'm not a fan anymore of the Colts, but I am a fan of Andrew Luck. He has had some tough times here of late, but I'm not one of those people that jump on the oh-my-god-he-is-cursed bandwagon. Personally, I hope he finds his mojo today rather than in January when the Steelers might just have to play the Colts.

San Diego over Kansas City - Both of these teams win and they are in. Either one could end up playing the Steelers depending on their game today. I'd rather play the Chiefs again because there is no pressure with my brother, but I think Phillip Rivers comes out hot today and gets the win.

Miami over the Jets -  First game today of who cares. Neither team is in the playoffs. I went with the better team, but who cares?

Minnesota over Chicago - Snore. Again. Jay Cutler is back this week slinging for the Bears because his replacement, while he was banished to the bench, got concussed last week. Obviously the third string isn't worth putting out on the field so Cutler got to get out of the corner and back on to the field. I probably should have gone with him.

New England over Buffalo - Most likely Tom Brady sits out or plays limited. Not knowing which it will be, I went with the Patriots anyway.

Philadelphia over the Giants - It was a toss up. I took the Eagles because maybe I'm still feeling cheated.

Pittsburgh over Cincinnati - This game is the big one today. Originally scheduled for 1:00 pm. NBC took advantage of some clause in their contract regarding flexibility and moved this game to Sunday Night. Winner of this game takes the division and the loser takes the wildcard. Pretty important game. My buddy will be at Heinz Field tonight so I have high hopes. I hope the Steelers do too.

New Orleans over Tampa Bay - Another toss up. Do these teams even care? Tampa has more to lose with a win then a loss so I took Brees and company.

Dallas over Washington - The Cowboys need this win and a bunch of other nonsense in the who wins and who loses category to decide where they fall in the playoffs. Washington? They have nothing.

Baltimore over Cleveland - Baltimore needs a win today and a Chargers loss to get into the wild card spot. I'm hoping that doesn't happen, but this team runs on guts.

Houston over Jacksonville - The Texans are still in this while the Jags are just showing that they don't plan to quit. I'm hoping this is a good game, but the Texans have more to lose.

Denver over Oakland - The Broncos are in, but their place is still up for grabs. If they want to relax in the number 2 spot they need this win. Manning needs to erase last week's debacle. Oakland...who are they again?

Arizona over San Francisco - The Cardinals are in, but again they could be in the top or near the bottom of the rankings depending on this game and a bunch of other nonsense around the league. The 49ers have nothing, not even a coach after this game according to "sources".

Seattle over Rams - Seattle too is wondering where they will be ranked so they will come out gunning to prove they deserve to fight to keep their title.





No comments: