Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Steelers Christmas

I came home from South Carolina and took down all of the Thanksgiving and fall decorations starting outdoors and working my way inside. Once that was all boxed away I took out the Christmas stuff and went to work. I started outside first.

I didn't want to take my Steelers flags down since the last game of the regular schedule is the Sunday after Christmas so instead I just added some black and gold to the wreaths I hang for the holidays. I liked it so well I think next year I'll redo the wreaths entirely with Steelers stuff.


Since my trip to Indiana where my SIL was decorating for Christmas I was ready for my tree. I love turning on all my lights and sitting and staring at the Christmas tree. When I was younger I use to lie under the tree and read. The tree was always upstairs in the corner that overlooked the stairs to the front door so I was also in a great position to observe the people entering our house before they saw me.

Tom got the tree the first weekend in December. He said he wasn't planning it, but while out walking the dog our neighbor told him about a place that was selling great trees for a great price. While I enjoy the whole picking out of the tree I have to say it was nice to have someone just bring the tree home as a surprise. And the neighbor was right. It was beautiful!


I took this picture while the tree was still wrapped in its plastic because Tom carefully put down the tree skirt before putting the tree on top of it. Elliot then promptly laid upon the skirt in Tom's way. I just watched and waiting for them both to realize that the skirt goes around the base of the tree on the outside. It took awhile, but it did get fixed.

I waited to decorate the tree for a day so that it could settle. As I took out ornaments and began to decorate I noticed a theme.


My friend's daughter, Kristen, sent these to me last year; 6 light up Steelers ornaments for my tree. I need about six more boxes of these and then I could have another tree in the Steelers room that I could decorate with nothing but black and gold.



My friend SueG got me the candy canes a few years ago, but the second one she bought me this year for my birthday. The girls also got me a Steelers ornament for my birthday and so definitely next year I will have to have two trees.


Since the Steelers theme was so rampant in our house I just carried it out on the Christmas cards too. I mean, if you're going to do it...


And maybe it will bring us luck this weekend and next. Here We Go!

No comments: