Sunday, December 07, 2014

NFL Picks week 14

Last week - 10 - 6
Overall - 121 - 69

Dallas over Chicago - Da' Bears winning? Not a chance.

Pittsburgh over Cincinnati - I don't bet against my team ever...well, okay I did one time and I was right on that one time, but I haven't bet against them since even when I didn't feel their win (cough, Jets). So here we are. Down to the wire with two games still left to play against division rivals Cincinnati. (Who makes these schedules?) Both games, all the last games, are important as we are in a three way tie and still in the hunt for a playoff wild card position. No way we will lose. Cough. Today we will see if these guys want to keep playing. This will be a tough one, and I hope the defense comes out strong against Andy Dalton. 

Indianapolis over Cleveland - Ah, the Browns. The team that took Johnny Football in the draft to turn around their franchise and then hired a coach that kept him on the bench. Winning quarterback Brian Hoyer has had some rough games and almost lost his position to the king, but word has come down that the Browns are staying with Hoyer. He won't win today against Luck and company and then we might just see Manziel at the helm.

Detroit over Tampa Bay - Some days I just think this might be the game that turns Tampa around, but then I come to my senses. I think Lovie Smith will eventually get this team on its feet, but it won't be this year. They might win today, but I didn't feel it enough to make them my pick.

Tennessee over Giants - This is my game of well-maybe-the-other-team-will-win, but after changing my mind twice I felt the Titans at home.

Baltimore over Miami - The Ravens lost last week and are still in the hunt along with the Steelers. No way they lose again. Harbaugh will see to that in the locker room. He wants to edge out the Steelers desperately and the Dolphins don't have that in them.

Minnesota over the Jets - I give the Vikings props. They kept on ticking after taking the Peterson beating and they have gone out and won. They will do again today.

New Orleans over Carolina - The thing about the hunt for the playoffs is that the good quarterbacks take it seriously and come out slinging. Drew Brees against Cam Newton? Should be a good game, but my money is on Brees.

St. Louis over Washington - The Rams, well, they too are still showing heart. The Redskins? Yeah, not so much. Trouble over there in Washington.

Houston over the Jaguars - Here is another could go the other way game, but I'm taking AFC player of the year to be J.J .Watt to pull out the win.

Denver over Buffalo - Uh, yeah.

Arizona over Kansas City - Here I go again betting against the Chiefs, but surely the Cardinals can't lose three in a row. And surely not at home in week 14.

San Francisco over Oakland - The Raiders have already put a cork in it. The 49ers are all over the place. Will anyone even watch this game?

Seattle over Philadelphia - Ah, jeez. I picked, back in Week 1, the Eagles to be the team to watch this year back, but then they lost their starting quarterback and Mark Sanchez, he of the Jets yearly fiasco, and I wasn't so sure. I have yet to see Sanchez and company play so I thought and thought and then took Seattle. Old habits...

New England over San Diego - I want the stinkin' Patriots to go down, but Philip Rivers is too up and down for me to think he will put one over on Tom Brady who lost last week. I picked New England, but I will be rooting for the Chargers.

Green Bay over Atlanta - The Packers are suddenly the team that everyone talks about. The Falcons are the team that is still chipping away on the win column. I think the Packers defense will be too much on Monday night football.

No comments: