Tuesday, November 06, 2018

10 month resolution check 2018

I rate myself with numbers 1-10. Always working to have a total 50-50 by the end of the year. It has yet to happen, but I'm optimistic. So, here goes:

  1. Eat a fruit and vegetable and drink milk daily and exercise twenty minutes a day, whether walking or dancing, going to the gym, or just getting up and marching in place. Just some movement to get back to the weight I was before the death of Connie. That will be thirty pounds, give or take a few bags. (That's a spades reference) - I had good intentions with this one, but they fell by the wayside. Way, way, far away. Down the drain kind of way. These last two months, I could say I had a veggie a day, and that's it. It was a sucky previous two months. Score: 0
  2. To finish my romance novel - This is all I've done. It isn't finished, but I work on it daily. It's taken over my head. I'm so close. I'm determined. Two months to go. Score: 10
  3. To finish scanning all of my photos into the computer - Nope. Not a one. Too busy with the novel.  Score: 0
  4. To begin exploring my maternal and paternal genealogy (So that I can do something with those photos I have inherited of people I don't know) - I did purchase something that was supposed to help me. That should count for a point, at least. Score: 1
  5. To travel whether with or without other people - Yes! This is one resolution I kept. I was the traveling fool--first to Indiana and then Ohio and then on a writer's retreat down south. I'm calling this resolution complete! Score: 10

Total: 21 out of 50 - Oh, my. Worse two months of resolutions yet. Have I mentioned these two months were sucky? Two more months to go. Not sure I will ever hit the 50 out of 50 mark. Ugh. Do people really keep these resolutions? Or do they do so by making realistic resolutions? Like, maybe only one?

No comments: