Saturday, March 26, 2011

Look what I found

Since we chucked the entertainment center I had to find a spot for all of the crap that was inside it, mainly CD's and records.

Darcy:  "What's a record?"

I had just taken them all out of the entertainment center and dumped them on the dining table and dining room chairs.  After a week of looking at the stuff on the dining room table I began looking around my house for a place to put the stuff, albeit temporarily until we replaced the center.  After a week of searching for the replacement I realized that the albums would need a more permanent place because the new entertainment centers are now called consoles and are half the size.

Tom:  "Why are we keeping these albums?"

I live in a small Florida home that was built in the 60's.  People in the 60's obviously did not have much stuff because besides a closet in each bedroom I have exactly three other closets; one by the front door and two in the hallway that are half the size of the one by the front door.  So let's say I have two extra closets.  Seriously, if you really got do to it the only closet that is really a closet is the one in Madison's bedroom.  It is like the closet Rusty and I had as kids, stretches almost the entire length of a wall.  For years her closet housed every piece of junk we owned.  Now it houses all the extra bedspreads, comforters, and quilts along with some junk and boxes of junk.

So I decided that I would put the CD's in the buffet that my mother-in-law gave me that is right by my front door.  It is quite large and I got all of my CD's in there.  It also had my photo albums so I thought I should take the photo albums out and put them into the hall closet and replace them with the record albums.  Easier said then done and it resulted in an emptying of the closet and a lot of other nonsense, but it doing all of this I discovered the following:

This was an album I ordered off the television!  It had all these great hits, but when it arrived I discovered that the songs were sung by other singers and not the original artists.  A  huge wake up for me at my own expense.

I think this must have been one of Rusty's records, and I bet he never played it.  I kept all of his record albums because a lot of them were in my old record case that I had as a kid (bet I could find it in a slide photo) and he didn't want them, and I was feeling nostalgic, what with the sale of my 8200 house.

Who doesn't love Uncle Lumpy?  This will be one of the first albums I play when I get my record player hooked back up in my TV console.

Obviously I had a think for Muskrat Love.  This is the 45.  Remember when those records came in protectors with pictures?  Found quite a few of those.



Who doesn't love George Michael and Billy Joel?  I was a big Billy Joel fan.  Think I have most of his albums and he dominates my Ipod next to Toby Keith.  My favorite George Michael song back in the day was Faith, but that came way later than his stint in Wham!

I ended up getting all of the stuff put away, but now I can't wait to hook up the old recorder player and start listening to some of these oldies!

Darcy:  "What's a recorder player?"
Tom:  "You still have a recorder player?  Does it work?"

No comments: