Thursday, March 24, 2011

Remember when shopping....?

Does anyone out there (over the age of 40) remember the grocery carts where kids rode under the basket?  I have vivid memories of going into a store with my mother and immediately fighting over who was riding under the cart.  Because there was only one mother and two kids, only one kid was able to ride.  It was designed so that the kids fit right under the cart sitting upright.  All kids rode under the carts and it was like a little society where mothers would push us around while they shopped, and we would talk to one another or wave to one another from the floor level.

I thought of this the other day while shopping because while I was at the checkout my daughter did this:



 
She doesn't quite fit, but she says it beats walking.

1 comment:

K Anne said...

I remember those days. Our grand childhoods! Kids these days will never understand.