Thursday, March 31, 2011

Weekly slide photos

Thought it would be fun to show slides from a trip our family took with our former Pennsylvania neighbors, the Smiths, to the east coast of Florida.  We visited St. Augustine and Daytona, and since I recently visited those places two summers ago and hit many of the same places I thought I would show pics from each visit.  Just for fun.

St. Augustine - Castillo de San Marcos fort - One of my favorite places to visit.  So much history and the tour guides there now their stuff.

St. Augustine 1974 - Rusty, Cara, Kim & Steph

No more climbing for photos by 2008

Outside of the fort in the early 90's - took a trip there with Tom

Outside of the fort in 2008

St. Augustine - Alligator Farm - Such an interesting place to visit.  I can remember being horrified at how many alligators there were in one place when I was a kid.  I was even more amazed at how many there were in one place as an adult.

1974

2008

Marineland, FL - Marineland - Remember going there with the Smiths, but the best memory is going there with Tom.  The place was very rundown then, but you could literally get close enough to the dolphins to touch them.  It was the best trip.  The park closed down and eventually reopened, but as a research facility. 

1974

1974

 Early 90's - the park closed a few years after Tom and I were there

Early 90's - such a great visit

Daytona Beach, FL - As a child I remember that cars could drive on the beaches then.  Apparently now you can only drive on the beach one hour before sunset and one hour after sunrise.  I saw maybe one or two cars drive the beach while I was there in 2008.

In the Atlantic 1974

In the Atlantic 2008 - Russ' grandkids
(The two he missed out on and the two who would definitely be splashing him with water!)

1 comment:

Jay Brewer said...

Amazing post. Love the old and new photos.