Friday, March 04, 2011

Two month resolution check

It is time to check in on how well I'm doing on my New Year's Resolutions.  I score from 1-10 with 10 being the perfect score.  My goal this year is to actually make all of these things happen.  To achieve that perfect score (at least once)!
  1. To not text while driving - I started out the first few weeks rolling out of the gate on this one.  I did not text and used Madison if I needed to respond immediately.  Then somewhere toward the end of January someone needed a response, and I texted at a red light thinking that made it all right.  Then I decided it didn't.  So back I went being good.  I bet I only texted twice, maybe three times, while driving.  Three times too many of course...  Score:  7
  2. To get some form of exercise daily (10 minutes at least) whether it is walking the dog or performing jumping jacks. - Again started out of the gate tearing up the ten minutes daily.  Then I missed a day and decided that the 20 minutes I had walked the day before made up for that loss and then I decided no that was cheating.  Sort of like in the texting.  Should seriously state the rules better in my resolutions I guess.  Score:  5
  3. To finish my slide project and to get important photos on CD's to have for...prosperity? - Oh, yeah, baby worked on this one a little here and a little there.  Not sure one can count this every two months as the goal is to finish.  I finished the slides this week, which technically was in March, but who's counting?  But the slides aren't on CD's yet so I guess that leaves me off for a perfect score.  Moving on the photos soon.  Score:  9
  4. To continue to work on toning down the potty mouth. - Last two weeks with this one and then it all went to hell...see...can't take me anywhere!  Score:  1 (for trying)
TOTAL:  22 out of 40  Hey, it's better than half!

No comments: