Friday, September 02, 2011

8 month check on resolutions 2010

It is time to check in on how well I'm doing on my New Year's Resolutions.  I score from 1-10 with 10 being the perfect score.  My goal this year is to actually make all of these things happen.  To achieve that perfect score (at least once)!
  1. To not text while driving - Pretty much this one is a slam dunk.  I don't text while driving, although I have to come clean and admit that I did today as I was turning into school to pick up Madison and her friend.  It is Madison's fault because she texted, "where are you!!!" which I read as, "Oh, my god, where are you?  Are you coming to get me?  I'm scared.  Help!"  She said she texted it as, "Where are you!!!:)" adding that smiley face so I wouldn't read it as I did.  Who even sees those smiley things?  It doesn't look smiley to me.  It looks like what it is a colon and a parenthesis. So against my resolution I texted, "car" while driving, but it was only once and really since today is September 1st it doesn't count in this resolution.  So there.  Score: 10
  2. To get some form of exercise daily (10 minutes at least) whether it is walking the dog or performing jumping jacks. - I think I have forgotten this resolution until just now reading it.  Oops.  I did go to the gym today, but then again today isn't part of the resolution so this one totally x's out the first perfect score.  Score: 0
  3. To finish my slide project and to get important photos on CD's to have for...prosperity? - Hmmm...I haven't put them on CD's for prosperity, but they are all on the computer and I've gone above and beyond and actually started scanning photos.  So I still have time on the CD thing and so I'm giving myself a perfect score.  Score: 10
  4. To continue to work on toning down the potty mouth. - Okay, so this one has been a tough one, along with the exercising.  While on vacation my niece began keeping score of all the naughty words I used by "cha chinging" me and telling me I owed her $.10 for each word.  Madison has continued this along with keeping track of what I owe.  She says I owe $1.60Bam! (This is where I would normally use one of those words because...well, it fits)  Score:  7 according to Madison
TOTAL:  27 out of 40  Creeping up 2 points each time, but I'm thinking the exercising will be back on track soon so a perfect score is within reach!

No comments: