Thursday, September 29, 2011

Rays win! Rays win! Rays win!

Let me just say right off the bat that I went to bed.  I went to bed and the score was 7-0 in favor of the Yankees.  The Red Sox game was suspended, but they were ahead.  I thought our boys had put on a great run, but sweeping the Yankees after all the other games before that was just asking for a miracle.  I had just finished quizzing two children for two separate tests and gotten them tucked into bed.  I was tired.  I went to bed too.

I didn't know that the miracle had happened while I slept.  I didn't know until my husband walked in the door at 6:45 AM with the paper in his hand, his eyes wide open.  "Would you believe the Rays beat the Yankees in the 12th inning and the Red Sox lost?"  he asked me.  "No," I said.  "Well, they did."


Oh, yes they did.  The Rays came back from 9 games down to snag the wild card entry into the playoffs.  They did it without a big payroll.  They did it without Carl Crawford and Carlos Pena.  They did it with rookies.  They did it with heart.  And a little bit of a miracle...

No comments: