Friday, September 09, 2011

Out of the mouths of my babe

One of my newest activities in the past six months has been to join my two male neighbors out in front for coffee or cocktails depending on the time of day. When the weather got unbearably hot I took time off, but now that the storm fronts have been moving along side Florida the early mornings and/or evenings have been quite nice. I joined them recently.

Sid: Darcy was just over here telling us about her camping trip.

Me: Yes, she is quite excited about it.

Sid: What is it some school trip?

Me: Something they do at the beginning of the year. They call it team building. Sort of like when companies pay for their employees to come together and learn activities on how to work along side each other. Apparently kids need to know that to survive school. I think it's ridiculous.

Sid: She said she's going to spend the night?

Me: Two nights in some cabin without air conditioning.

Chuck: Where is this place?

Me: Lithia, Florida somewhere north of Tampa I think.

Chuck: Ah, because Darcy told us it was in Libya.

No comments: