Thursday, September 01, 2011

Connie Foot Photo #30

I'm wondering if I had started these photos from the beginning if I would be close to #100 by now. Connie's one year of charcot foot is coming up, and I can tell you she is none too happy about still being consumed with this issue. This week was another disappointment for her. The apligraft she was to have did not happen once again, this time because the original, paying recipient was hospitalized.

So it was same old same old with changing the dressing and debriding and the Foot God asking, "How's it going?" That same spot is still not filled in and he can't skin graft the wound until it is. Connie doesn't handle surprising and disappointing news well anymore and so the day went downhill for her upon learning the apligraft was not happening. It is just an endless amount of empty time where she sits in the wheelchair in her home alone not able to do simple tasks because she can't reach things or be on her feet.  Then she stops feeling sorry for herself and takes advantage of my being there and performs some tasks.


Despite feeling that the wound will never heal, and I've read cases where it hasn't, she keeps off her feet and is trying very hard at being very good.  When I sat down to add the photos to this blog that I wrote this morning I went through all the pictures.  It is healing.  You can see it.  It just has to heal a little more to finish this ordeal.  So...add her to your prayers (but don't tell her).

Foot Photo #1 (when I started keeping track January 2010)

Foot Photo #30 - August 2010

2 comments:

Susan said...

Wow, the first photo really does look a lot worse...I'm praying it does heal completely and she can get back to living her life...your in my prayers too:) thanks for taking such good care of her...

K Anne said...

It looks much better to this layperson. Hopefully she is on the final laps.