Sunday, September 04, 2011

TV I've watched until the season starts

Against the Wall - I only watched this show because Lifetime shamelessly pushed it fifteen times during all their other shows. The premise is good, daughter comes from a cop family with her father and three brothers on the job; she makes detective and the only opening is in IA; family is pissed. The acting is mediocre. The script is lacking. For example in this last episode a woman came into the police station to report that her sister, who was murdered three days before, was missing from the morgue. The police officer responded with, "You should go home. Get some sleep." Really? I have trouble sleeping at night worrying about the crap that occurred during the day. Think I'd sleep after my sister was murdered and then her body stolen? Who writes these lines?

Friday Night Lights - Best show on TV ever. I just finished watching the season finale and the last ten minutes were awesome. I wasn't sure how the writers would tie it all together and end it, but I was thrilled. Peter Berg is the bomb. Connie Britton and Kyle Chandler are my most favorite married couple in the world. I just wish the show wasn't finished. Why are all the good ones tossed aside?

Rizzoli & Isles - I only started watching this show this summer. I love Angie Harmon. I loved her on the Women's Murder Club. I follow her on Twitter. But this show too lacks in decent scripts and so far I'm not sold on the relationship between the two women.

Rescue Me - Another good show and one that is also ending. I like, however, that Denis Leary is ending it on his terms. I've only watched four episodes so far this season, and while I've laughed, especially at the scene where the guys took turns pretending to be Loo at the fire physical, I haven't laughed so hard that I've sobbed like I usually do. I'm hoping for some of that because that has always been what makes the show so good. Humor mixed in with the horror. Kudos to Maura Tierney for joining the cast and playing her life. I wonder if she found it liberating?

Repo Games - If you haven't turned to Spike TV and given this show a look, you must.  Two repo men travel cities in Texas, Nevada, and Arizona reposing cars, but giving the owners a chance to answer correctly three out of five questions that will have the game show paying off their vehicles.  At first I was appalled at some of the idiots on the show and then I was rooting and boo hooing for others.  Now I just watch the show to see the hosts.  Tom Detone is so gorgeous, hot, and sensible.  Josh Lewis is so gorgeous, hot, and funny.  The questions are interesting and the debtors are nuts, and  you just have to laugh.

Gene Simmons Family Jewels -  Big fan of this show.  I find Gene Simmons an amazing, interesting, and very intelligent man.  This season went above and beyond anything on reality TV while Gene and Shannon both had to come to terms with their empty nest and the rest of their lives.  I didn't like the season finale and not hearing Shannon say "yes" to Gene's proposal after 28 years of being together, but the new season starts next month so I don't have to wait long.

No comments: