Sunday, March 04, 2012

Falling is dangerous

Saturday while Madison and I were in the Steelers room sitting at our desks working on our electronics we heard this huge thump noise that reverberated through the house.  We looked at one another and said at the same time:

Madison:  "What was that?"
Me:  "What the hell was that?"

Then we went back to our electronics.  Then I decided that was the wrong response, looked out the window at the sunny, but breezy day, and jumped up out of my chair.

Me:  "Maybe we should jump up and investigate."

Madison did not respond, her head bent over her Iphone, and so I took off running through the house.  Not seeing anything out of the ordinary, I ran outside into the garage, turned the corner to the outside and saw this:

All sorts of scenarios ran through my head, all of them involving my husband on the ground with broken limbs.  But I heard no moaning or dog barking.  I contemplated going back to the computer so as not to have to deal with more medical situations, but then I heard that "thump" noise again in my head, and so I ran outside the garage to find this:

Tom:  "What noise?  This isn't dangerous.  Falling is dangerous."

I went back inside, and as I passed by my garage laundry area I saw that the husband had been doing laundry and the washer was flashing its little green light.  Which meant he had once again overloaded the thing and that "thump" noise we had heard (the washer is against the wall to the Steelers room) was the washing machine telling us "no go" on spinning this heavy, wet laundry.  And the washing machine purchase is another tale, one I might already have told, and so I walked past it and went back into the Steelers room.

Me:  "Your dad is on the roof.  But he didn't fall.  That wasn't the noise."
Madison:  "What was it?"
Me:  "The washing machine."
Madison:  "Oh."

And we went back to our electronics.

No comments: