Thursday, March 29, 2012

Weekly TV Rant

  1. Anyone besides me think American Idol mentor Jimmy Iovine is a pompous ass?  I didn't care for his addition last year on the show and was sorry to see he was back this year.  That being said I have to admit he doesn't hold back or cater to the producers.  I like the mentors he has sitting with him this year as they have offered some constructive criticism.  Last night's mentor Stevie Nicks even made Iovine seem human.
  2. Disappointed half my favorites didn't make it into the top 24 which just goes to show why I'm not a judge I guess.  Still I have my boy Phillip Phillips in it, and I've been won over by Colton and Elise.  I don't watch this show live so I haven't voted, but think I might have to start doing just that since all the contestants were darn good last night.
  3. Whew!  This season's Survivor has had more wildness than any other.  Gone is Redemption Island.  Instead the contestants were divided into male/female and lived on the same island as "one world".  Which didn't last nearly long enough for me.  I hate when the producers shake up the entire concept, but I suppose they think it just isn't working.  I would like to see them follow through on something just once like when Stephanie was last girl standing on her tribe way, way back.  Who knows?  It might even be good television.
  4. Thrilled to have seen karma take action last week with the appendicitis of Colton.  What a miserable, rotten human being.  Sure do wish just once in Survivor history the women would stand up and take control.  I'm not big on the whole integrity thing that someone always babbles on about each season, but after the tribal council where the men went although they hadn't lost, I was disappointed someone didn't pipe up and use the integrity card after listening to Colton spew his viciousness.
  5. I started watching General Hospital again after Robin's death and the special guest appearances of Tristen Rogers and Emma Samms.  Apparently, the soap cleaned house and hired a new producer who is bringing back the sizzle and pop.  Yeah.  By giving Rogers and Samms the stupidest storyline for all of three days and bringing in the tired dual personality nonsense that gives soaps a bad name.  Oh, the work I could do on that show if given the chance...  Has anyone ever thought of letting the actors write their own storylines?
  6. What was with the terror storyline in Body of Proof this week that is now a two-parter?  And could someone please tell me why writers have characters prick their fingers on tainted blood and then keep it a secret?  I'm telling you right now that if I'm ever exposed to tainted blood I'm going to be hollering and jumping up and down for help.
  7. Anyone else ready for the end of Desperate Housewives?  Again, if I killed someone by saving someone's life I wouldn't bury the body and pretend it never happened.  Stupid storyline and instead of ending it it just keeps going and going.  I think it is taking away from the whole spoof of the show and we followers deserve more.
  8. I'm behind on The Voice because I hate this part of the show.  What's the point?  If it is to narrow it down then why have that many in the beginning?  Don't understand why we get singers this far and then chuck them.  Sigh.
  9. Enjoying Smash.  Good music.  Interesting stories.  A bit too much falling in and out of bed for me.  Can't we find some stronger women who don't give in to sexy men?  Thought the whole plot with the married folks just an after thought because sex sells.  Not needed.
  10. I'm a secret What Not to Wear fan but I 'm getting tired of Stacy London's condescending tone when viewing the contestant's wardrobe.  Hello!  This is why I'm here in the first place.  I don't mind some humor, but hers is becoming downright mean and for what?  Television?  And then she can't understand why the contestant is annoyed the rest of the show.  And please let's revamp the show now and cut out the scenes where the contestant is sent out on his own to shop.  We know this is just nonsense now and that Stacy and Clinton are watching on hidden camera. 

No comments: