Saturday, March 03, 2012

Week in review

  • Saw a billboard yesterday for a weight loss center with a slogan that said, "It isn't your fault you're overweight..." and I called the number and asked the girl for the name of the person whose fault it was so that I could sue him. She hung up.
  • My youngest seems to have allergies to the pollen that drips from the trees during this time of the year in Florida.  This means that we can't have the windows and doors open as we have a huge oak tree in our front yard.  Not that I want the windows open as the temperature here has been in the middle 80's all week, but a little front is moving in tonight and this might be my last chance to open up the house.
  • Oh, back to the youngest and her allergies.  Neither my husband nor I have allergies, but his youngest sister does so I'm blaming her.  Most years we just have her strip down after school, put her in the shower, and keep her housed the rest of the night.  This year, however, she is playing basketball at school.  The court is outside in the middle of the horse farm that our school sits on with tons of pollinating trees surrounding it.  Her eyes turn red, swell, drip and ooze, and her nose does the same.  She has been sucking down the over counter meds, but I'm thinking I should take her to an allergist.
  • My eldest daughter is a county finalist in the National History Day project that this county is big on doing in the public school system.  The topic this year was Revolution, Reaction, and Reform.  She chose to do a website about Susan B. Anthony's vote.  Check it out here.  She goes next week to the university to compete.  You go girl!
  • The same day she is off with her father at the university my youngest will be taking the SAT as a 7th grader involved with Duke University's TIP program.  It is a program that the university does for the southern half of the country for exceptional students who qualify.  My eldest took the SAT when she was a 7th grader and now her sister is choosing to do the same.  Definitely do not take after their mother who would have chosen to spend the weekend playing with the neighbors in her back yard. 
  • Connie's wound is the size of a kidney bean, and the wound center staff is excited.  I viewed it yesterday, and while I'm thrilled the staff is excited, I've seen the kidney bean before.  I'll get excited when the damn thing is closed up, Connie is back on her feet, and our lives return to days without something medical.

No comments: