Friday, March 16, 2012

Fish fry...er...grill

Scott started his vacation out with a deep sea diving all day expedition.  He hopped aboard the huge catamaran and worked his butt off catching grey snapper, which he then had to filet when he returned.  He spent over an hour fileting the fish and had two left to do when a couple wandered by his spot on the marina and asked if they could take a turn fileting.  Turns out the man had been watching the boat crewmen filet the fish as they came off the boat and the man believed he could do it a better and more efficient way.  Scott wanted to know where the hell he had been an hour before, but he did allow the man the opportunity.

Tuesday night we decided to cook up the fish and have us a big old feast.  Everyone got involved.  Robin and I shopped for the sides and spices, heading to our local meat market for some added seafood....shrimp and jalapeno crab dip.

Tom was home early to ready the grill...with Elliot's help.

Inside the house Scott washed and cleaned the fish.

While Robin spiced it up with Kerrygold garlic and herb butter, cajun spices and blackened spices.

I made the side dishes.  We had long grain wild rice, green beans with almonds, broccoli spears, and roasted peppers and potatoes on the grill.  All smothered with....of course...

,,,my new stand-by - the Kerrygold butter.  The feast was a huge success with various drinks and key lime pie for dessert.  Afterwards we relaxed and Kelly told her finger story. (I've decided it should be its own book.)

Scott fished another day and my refrigerator is now full of delicious gray snapper.  I foresee plenty more of these types of poolside fish parties this spring and summer!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

YUM!!! That reminds me of the fish fry parties your dad used to have. It always tasted so good! Sadly I am the only one in my family that likes fish.

cmkerwin said...

Yes, my kids won't eat fish either...any seafood for that matter. I have a freezer full of this stuff so come on down!