Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Getting a jump on Christmas shopping

This summer while at Robin's house visiting I found a catalog I had never heard of before, and during a down time of lazying on her couch, I went through it and marked all of the things she could buy me.  All of the millions of Pittsburgh Steelers stuff they had in that thing!


In the beginning of my perusing I found it to be a lot like Lillian Vernon with odds and ends of cool stuff that was inexpensive and probably cheaply made.  But then I found that the catalog was full of NFL goodies that I didn't own, like a Steelers piggy bank, nightgown, and slipper socks.  Things I could use, you know?  Then as I marked those pages I found other great things that I needed like solar garden lights and a snowman bird feeder.  Cool items that you don't find every day.  Suddenly that catalog began springing up in my conversations with people.  Someone was telling us a story about having to adjust to her newlywed's cat hair all over her couch.

"You need to get his catalog.  It has a quilted furniture cover for pets in it that doesn't cover the complete couch and is easy to remove."
I wondered if my SIS had this catalog in her collection by the toilet in her downstairs bathroom.  I rarely have catalogs at my house and never have time to go through them, but when on vacation I enjoy going through the basket of the ones in her bathroom.  Turns out she didn't have it and had never heard of it before. Then one day we met up with a friend of mine that I hadn't seen in twenty years.  We went to her house and she showed us around and my SIS commented on a wall ornament that she liked and was looking for for her home.  My friend whipped out this catalog, a different season then the one at Robin's house, and gave it to her since that is where she had ordered the wall ornament. 

I went through the catalog when we got home, marking pages for my SIS for things to buy me, and low and behold they had different Pittsburgh Steelers items!  I immediately got online and ordered us up a catalog to be sent to our homes.  It arrived a couple of weeks ago and while my SIS wasn't so thrilled with this catalog, I have had no trouble picking out the must have items I need.


Can you imagine how decorative my kitchen will be with this dishwasher magnet art?  No more wrapping my refrigerator in Christmas wrapping paper!


When I redid my living rooms walls I was desperate to find something like this.  Instead I had to buy regular frames and had to pick out only certain artwork to frame.  Yes, I know my girls don't have artwork any more to display, but I've kept all that crap work and it could be displayed now.


Darcy has something like this that she bought at Claries, but it doesn't have a strap and isn't big enough to stuff all of my money into.  This one, however, I think would work just fine for those trips to and from school activities when a big purse is just too much.

That doesn't even include all the Steelers stuff I found in the catalog that I need like the IDock System and the casserole cover and carry case.  I think I'll do what Kelly did one year when she purchased everyone a gift from things she saw on television.  This year I'll order everyone something from the Lakeside Catalog!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Glad to have introduced you to the world of Lakeside lol.