Sunday, September 29, 2013

NFL picks week 4

Last Week - 4 - 12
Overall - 26 - 22

I knew when I bragged about how well I had done in my picks the past few years that it would come back to bite me in the butt.  Did it ever.  Last week was probably the worst week I've ever had and I knew it from the moment I saw the games at the beginning of the week.  I didn't feel it.  I didn't have mojo.  I was sort of blah about the entire week.  Perhaps it is because my Steelers are hurting, who knows.  Either way I hope I go up this week.

  • San Francisco over St. Louis - Yeah, I don't believe that Harbaugh will lose again.
  • Baltimore over Buffalo -  This week I'm letting go of my obsession with picking the Bills.
  • Cincinnati over Cleveland - The Browns aren't bad, but I think the Bengals are better.
  • Detroit over Chicago - This was one of my iffy game this week.  The Bears and the Lions are both playing well, but I decided I'd go with the home field advantage.
  • Kansas City over New York Giants - Sigh.  I just can't believe Eli will be 0-4, but the Chiefs are playing so well, their at home, and the Giants front line is just plain awful.
  • Pittsburgh over Minnesota - Big Ben had a talk with his front line and let's face it he is big stuff in London.  Oh, that isn't the quarterback they refer to?
  • Arizona over Tampa Bay - Trouble here in the bay this week with the quarterback.  Freeman has been benched so he got mad and spoke to ESPN against the team's wishes and now the big question is whether or not he will even suit up.  Too much drama here for a win against a team searching for their own answers.
  • Indianapolis over Jacksonville - Uh, the Colts really will be embarrassed it they lose this game.
  • Seattle over Houston - I think the Seahawks are better then the Texans, but the Texans aren't happy with their play last week.  Should be a good game.
  • Tennessee over New York Jets - This could be a good one or it could be a snoozer.  Neither team has impressed me yet, but the Titans are at home.
  • Denver over Philadelphia - The Eagles could be worked up enough to go crazy and kick the Broncos butt, but Manning is on fire this season and I just love Peyton Manning, more so since watching The Book of Manning this week.
  • Washington over Oakland - RGIII runs and the Redskins get their first win.
  • San Diego over Dallas - Second iffy for the week.  Phillip Rivers seem like his head is in the game, but the Chargers always over think things.
  • Atlanta over New England - Matt Ryan will need some redemption this week.
  • New Orleans over Miami - When the Saints are at home they are so good.

No comments: