Sunday, September 22, 2013

NFL Football picks - Week 3

Last Week - 10 - 6
Overall - 22-10

  • Philadelphia over Kansas City - I figured after last week's loss that the Eagles would come out on their own field and kick some butt.  Turns out Andy Reid was more ready then I thought.  Good for him. 
  • Green Bay over Cincinnati - I wasn't so impressed with the Bengals in last weeks game and they were playing my Steelers, who seriously are in need of desperate help.  So I think Aaron Rogers and company won't be so scared either. 
  • Dallas over St. Louis - A game I'm not so sure about, but the Cowboys are playing in the big stadium at home so I went with them.
  • San Diego over Tennessee - Phillip Rivers was smoking last week.  The Titans?  They are playing fairly decent, but again, not so impressed with them after watching them play the Steelers.  I think the Chargers win. 
  • Minnesota over Cleveland - The Browns are more worried about getting spit on then they are at playing decent football.  The Vikings, who haven't won yet either, will take home a win this week.
  • Tampa Bay over New England - Tom Brady, like Ben Roethlisberger, is having trouble finding receivers that can catch.  I may be nuts on this one, but last week I didn't go with my gut in two of the games so I decided this week I'd go for it.  Tampa Bay, no matter how lousy they play, always have a couple of great games in a season.  I think this is one of them.  
  • New Orleans over Arizona - I think the Cardinals will be a team that comes up in the rankings this season, along with the Dolphins, but I think they will have some trouble in Louisiana today as Drew Brees won't be happy with his play last week.
  • Washington over Detroit - The game that I go back and forth on.  Going with RG III.  He has to win.  If he doesn't pull out a winner today at home, he just might be one of those guys we look back on and scratch our heads.
  • New York Giants over Carolina - Eli Manning, like RGIII, has to have a win.  He'll get it today.
  • Houston over Baltimore - Another one I went back and forth on.  Neither team is playing spectacular.  The Ravens are without their little, mighty, may or may not be a spitter, running back Ray Rice and are playing at home, but the Texans have been doing what needs to be done in the final seconds so I'm going with them.  Plus, I don't like the Ravens.
  • Atlanta over Miami - I'm telling you that the Dolphins are the team to watch out for this season.  I've even dreamed that several times.  But the Falcons are a good team too, they lost last week to a so-so team, and I think Matt Ryan's experience, not to mention his new paycheck, will be what pulls them over the Dolphins.
  • Buffalo over New York Jets - I'm not really sure what is up with my picks on the Bills, but what I've seen of their play isn't as bad as what everyone else sees.  The Jets are wishy washy so far this season.  I don't know, gut I guess on this pick.
  • San Francisco over Indianapolis - Whew.  How bad was Colin Kaepernick last week?  That was the worse I've ever seen the 49ers play.  This week they are at home.  I think Jim Harbaugh doesn't allow them to lose this week at home.
  • Seattle over Jacksonville - My boy Russell Wilson is another one that is smoking hot right now.  He will be even hotter this week against the Jags.
  • Pittsburgh over Chicago - Okay, my gut was involved on this one in the beginning.  Like the Bucs, they always pull out a great game that makes us all think we are finally on track so why not tonight?  But then again maybe I'm going with my heart.  Sigh.
  • Denver over Oakland - Like the Seattle/Jacksonville game.  Manning at home?  Can't go against that.

No comments: