Sunday, September 15, 2013

Week 2 NFL Picks

Last week - 12 -4
Overall - 12-4

  1. New England over New York Jets - Rex got one last week, but I knew he wasn't getting this one this week.  Turns out he almost did.
  2. Atlanta over St. Louis - Falcons don't want to be 2-0.  Bottom line.
  3. Buffalo over Carolina - I'm going against the line on this one because I think Buffalo has it them.  Gut reaction.
  4. Chicago over Minnesota - This is that game where you go back and forth, but in the end I'm going with the Bears since I just don't feel I know enough about either team and the Bears are at home.  But then again the Vikings have Peterson and it is a rivalry. 
  5. Green Bay over Washington - I had the Redskins first for a couple of days, but then I changed it.  The Packers lost last week.  The Packers play at Lambeau this week.  The Packers will eek out the win.
  6. Indianapolis over Miami - I wonder if I pick the Colts because of some strange loyalty to Indiana?  There were no Colts when I lived there, and I didn't care for them when they were there back in the Harbaugh days, but Peyton Manning (have I mentioned my love for him?) changed that for me.  I think Miami is going to be the little team to watch this year, but I'm going with the Colts for that same gut feeling I have for the Bills, despite the loss of their running back.
  7. Dallas over Kansas City - The Cowboys are feeling big after beating the Giants at home last week.  Kansas City is hoping to break out and be winners this year, but their offensive line still needs tweeking and Fitzgerald is battling a hamstring issue.  I think Romo will take the win back to Dallas.
  8. Philadelphia over San Diego - Chip Kelly is proving that he can bring the college game to the NFL and his team is eating it up.  He has that team in his hands and they are hungry.  Another win for them today in front of the bloodthirsty home crowd.
  9. Baltimore over Cleveland - For the AFC North division this is week one all over again and the Super Bowl champs won't go 2-0.  They smell the Steelers injured and the Browns are just a little team to knock out on the way to playing the Bengals.
  10. Houston over Tennessee - The Titans took advantage of misfortune last week.  Unless they knock out three players from the Texans they won't be getting a W in the column this week.
  11. Detroit over Arizona - I think Arizona will get it together midway and become a contender this year, but it ain't going to happen today.
  12. New Orleans over Tampa Bay - Oh, my.  Trouble, trouble, trouble down here in the sunshine state.  We have a battle between the coach and the quarterback and tons of speculation of he said this and he did that.  Haven't teams learned anything about maintaining a cheerful locker room from the Jets?  Schiano is one of those college coaches that thinks he is great, thinks he can coach in the big leagues, and forgets that he isn't dealing with kids that want to learn.  I predict he won't last long in Tampa Bay unless the Glazer boys just don't want to admit defeat.  Then again Tampa always has one great game that excites the fans and lures them into a false security for a few hours until the sports reporters' columns come out in the morning paper.  I don't think today will be one of those days.
  13. Oakland over Jacksonville - Supposedly these are the two worst teams in the league.  I've had the Jags winning up to the last minute before submission, but I fell to the line pressure at the last minute. 
  14. Denver over New York Giants - Ah, the last Manning bowl.  All I'm hearing is that Eli has to have a win after his loss and mass of interceptions from last week.  Pfft.  These boys are the most competitive family I've ever read about and that is including my own.  Peyton doesn't want his little brother to beat him in anything and since Eli has two Super Bowl rings he isn't going to get this game.  Or is he?
  15. San Francisco over Seattle - I'm going with the 49ers despite my love for Russell Wilson.  Think how happy Jim Harbaugh will be after beating the Seahawks at home?  I bet he jumps up and down and waves his arms just to irritate the crap out of Pete Carroll.
  16. Pittsburgh over Cincinnati - Sigh.  I was going to pick the Bengals, but I couldn't.  I can't.  I have to have faith despite loosing three key players for the year, having no Heath Miller, and playing against our old teammate James Harrison.

No comments: