Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Out of the mouths of my babe

When Madison first began high school Tom wasn't so keen on her "getting involved" right at the start.  

Tom: "She'll have plenty of time to do things. She's just a freshman."

The school is odd in that homecoming is in the first month of school. Our friends' daughter was planning on going and they kept asking if Madison was going.  Tom kept poo pooing any mention of her doing just that, and luckily, it wasn't an issue as she had no interest. 

Fast forward to daughter #2. She began making comments about going to homecoming the second week of school and asked me if she could. I told her I really didn't have a problem with her going, but reminded her of her father's previous reluctance with Madison.  I told her she would have to ask him.  

Which she did last night. 

Darcy: "Hey, Dad? Would you let me go to homecoming by any chance?"

Tom (buying time): "That depends. When is it?"

Darcy: "I don't know. In a couple of weeks. I know you didn't let Maddy go so I'm assuming you're going to say no to me too."

Tom: "Not necessarily."

Darcy: "Is that a yes then? Can I go?"

Tom (smiling like a fox): "As long as you can pay for it I'm good." 

Darcy: "Great! I'll have my boyfriend buy the ticket!"

She is no match for him. 


1 comment:

Susan said...

HAHAHA she IS too funny! Smart girl!