Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thankful Thursday

  • Coffee - I never drank it until after Darcy was born. Kelly got me on the stuff. She moved here and while Maddy was in preschool we use to take Darcy to this little hole in the wall breakfast place in a strip mall. Kelly slowly had me try coffee with different ways of creaming it. Now I drink it almost daily. I prefer flavored coffee with lots of flavored creamer, and I right now I'm in love with Target's Archer brand coffee. It's a nice way to begin a morning that is still wrapped in darkness. 
  • My watch - I still wear one. I'm lost without it on my wrist. I'm getting close to being lost without my cell phone in my pocket, but I have yet to turn to that for the time. My watch is so handy and one of the few pieces of jewelry I wear. Is up pose now days that makes me old. 
  • Rain - Living in Florida we either get rain or we don't. Since putting in my new lawn we have been getting it in buckets which for us has saved our yard and our wallet. We are usually under a mandatory water restriction in our county so we are limited to one day on watering anything. This week we had untypical hours of steady rain. It was kind of nice to just sit and watch it come down. 
  • Flushable wipes - This week a new study hit the media on these wipes. Turns out they aren't as flushable as they claim and more and more people are using them clogging up the world's pipes. I've known this for over a year now since getting on a first name basis with our local plumber. While we've readjusted to one ply tissue we still use our wipes, throwing them in the wastebasket now instead of into the sewer system. Why it has taken so long for someone to think up this invention is beyond me. How long have we been cleaning newborn's backsides? And we haven't been using toilet paper to do that. I'm just saying... 
  • Clorox wipes - Or Lysol wipes. I'm not picky. Well, maybe I am as I didn't care for the Sam's club brand. I use these wipes daily to clean anything from my kitchen counters to my leather couches. I've seen the study on sponges and dish rags. Ugh. I probably use these more then I should, but it is one of my modern day conveniences I can't do without. 
  • Menopause - Ok, I can't really be thankful for this quite yet, and maybe when I'm there I won't be so thankful, but I can tell you this my body has occasionally started skipping my monthly visits from Aunt Flo (my kids think this reference hilarious). It doesn't happen often enough, but when it does it is a glorious month indeed because heading into menopause? It ain't so grand. 
  • Daily crossword puzzle - Not only does it give me something to do while enjoying my coffee, but it makes me feel as if I'm warding off dementia. I like to attempt the Suduko puzzle too, but there is something more gratifying about finishing the crossword. 

No comments: