Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thankful Thursday

After I made my list of things that I am thankful for, I began to add something daily to my list.  Now this list, while serious, is more for fun.  So if you want to play along on Thursday's tell me what seven things you are thankful for that doesn't include humans.
  • My dishwasher - I like my washing machine and dryer too, but the dishwasher is tops.  I'm tall and leaning over kitchen sinks, which are never built for tall people, washing dishes and glasses is not something I would want to do three times a day.  Plus, that dish dryer contraption in the opposite side of the sink would drive my husband insane.
  • Tervis Tumblers - If you don't have a Tervis, you have got to get out and get one.  Hot beverage?  Pour it in a Tervis and that bad boy will be hot or warm for a couple of hours.  Cold beverage?  Tervis keeps it cold for even longer.  Plus, you can get a Tervis Tumbler that reflects your favorite team, school, or even your personality.  A tad pricey, but worth it in the end.
  • My sneakers - Not long after Madison turned one I began having issues with my feet.  My podiatrist injected me with cortisone, gave me some shoe inserts, and told me to never wear anything but sneakers again.  In fact, he wanted me to wear sneakers every waking moment, even when I got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and when swimming.  While that didn't last long, I have found that when I wear other shoes I'm miserable and have a multitude of aches and pains that last a week or longer.  Of course, it is awkward to go to a wedding in a dress and sneakers....
  • Left hand traffic signals - Before these things came into being making a left turn was a huge danger.  Someone got smart with this one and I, who used to drive a vehicle that died whenever it felt like it, am grateful.
  • Netflix - I have written about this service before, but I have got to tell you that since discovering The Office I am so thankful for Netflix I could just cry.  Well, I do cry.  I laugh so hard at these episodes and enjoy this series so much that when I have gone a day or two without watching it when I hear the theme song I cry.  
  • Online shopping - For some reason I can not get my act together when it comes to sending out birthday presents and/or cards.  Ask my nephew Teddy.  But as soon as someone tells me something that I can order online I'm all over that baby.  Sit down at my computer, pull it up, click it into the shopping cart, pay, and all done.  Not that I get it done in time for the birthday, but hey, I get it out sooner then I do to the person who only wants money.  Right Ted?  (Check is in the mail, buddy...soon)
  • Advil - I haven't tried Alieve so I can't compare, but thank goodness for Advil, the gel types as  those little orange Advil coated tablets are nasty tasting.  Tooth ache?  Advil eases the pain.  Menstruating cramps?  Advil kills it.  Back pain?  Advil nips it in the bud.  Breakfast of champions.

No comments: