Saturday, October 04, 2014

5 things to start the weekend

  1. NBC online rocks - To be able to write about the new fall TV shows I've had to catch up online. We have Apple TV so that I can watch them on the big screen through the network apps. ABC, the leader in online viewing, now sucks. You can only watch a show one week after it has aired unless you can be verified through a provider. None of the providers are any I have heard of let alone are in my area. Why this is has not registered yet with me. I think it is stupid if they want viewers. NBC, on the other hand, is my favorite. Few commercials and I can watch all the shows I want.
  2. Raspberries in smoothies - Not a good thing. I'm trying to get back to shredding, thus I must drink smoothies. Most of the berry fruit used in these are not in season in my area right now and are either non existent or too pricey. Raspberries are affordable, but the seeds kill a smoothie. I try to drink and chew, but there are too many of the little buggers and I end up spitting them out. For awhile I used a sieve, but that was messy and too time consuming. Frankly, I'm getting tired of bananas.
  3. Weather - I live in Florida so everyone wants weather updates. Plus, we are getting a cold front tonight. It is suppose to be in the 60's when we wake up and a high of only 79 and a high of 83 on Monday. How exciting!
  4. Solar lights - I bought some Halloween lights that power up with the sun and turn on at dark. I only paid a dollar apiece for them and doubt their abilities, but I'm so excited to have a lit up walkway. I'm going to be annoyed if they don't work.
  5. Sadness - We just got a call today that our neighbor who makes homemade treats for all the dogs in the neighborhood had a stroke on Thursday and has yet to regain consciousness. She lives several streets over from us and Elliot knows her house. He trots right up to her front door every morning for his treat. She is a walker and a very active gardener. I've very sad for her and her family. 

No comments: