Sunday, October 05, 2014

NFL picks week 5

Last Week - 6 - 7
Overall - 33 - 28

Green Bay over Minnesota - I figured the Packers were at home and Minnesota couldn't even decide which players were hurt and available.

Dallas over Houston - Now I think I should have gone with the Texans. I went with the home team here too, but the Texans have been mighty stellar lately.

Detroit over Buffalo - Every time I pick the Bills they lose and when I don't pick them they win. I like the Lions and what they can do. Matthew Stafford is just fearless and determined and he has guys that can back him up.

Cleveland over Tennessee - I don't know anything about the Titans. The Browns keep thinking they can do something. Maybe today, coming off the bye, they can.

Indianapolis over Baltimore - Both teams are coming off big wins. Indy is at home, and I like their team and their quarterback better.

New Orleans over Tampa Bay - Jeez, you would have thought the Bucs won the Super Bowl last week with all the hype they got in the papers. Only our guy, Tom Jones, from Pittsburgh saw the same game I did; the one where Pittsburgh helped Tampa win. New Orleans sucks too. This is a game I get to watch. B-O-R-I-N-G. I went with the same reoccurring theme...home team advantage, but maybe I'm still being a sore loser. I'll root for the Bucs though.

Atlanta over Giants - I still haven't seen the Giants this year. I'm impressed with Matt Ryan and company though despite last weeks fiasco. They will make up for it this week on the road. Or...maybe not.

Philadelphia over St. Louis - The Eagles should be mad after last week's loss. If they don't think like the Steelers and play this team like they are winners and not 1-2, then they should kill them.

Carolina over Chicago - Well, last week the Bears made me look bad against the Packers so in my annoyance I'm going with the Panthers. So there!

Pittsburgh over Jacksonville - I'm thinking that the Steelers will want to redeem themselves after that terrible debacle of last week, but then again they never follow my train of thought. But they are my boys and deep down I know they are winners. Big winners surely over a 0-4 team? Ah, jeez, if we lose here I can't think how long the season will be.

Denver over Arizona - Well, the Broncos are coming off of a loss and a bye. The Cardinals haven't lost yet, but Carson Palmer is out so I'm going with Peyton Manning.

San Diego over Jets - Jeez, are the Jets still playing football?

San Francisco over Kansas City - I didn't watch last week's game where the Chiefs played like the old team instead of this year's team. I did watch the 49ers game last week. If the players can quit whining about how they hate their coach, Jim Harbaugh, and play like they played against the Eagles I think they win. 

Cincinnati over New England - Ah, jeez. Now this is my other one that I think maybe I should have gone the other way. What happened last week to the Patriots? The Bengals are undefeated and should be well rested. Sometimes that rest isn't the greatest in the early weeks, but I picked them for good defense over a weak Patriots offense.

Seattle over Washington - The Skins are still muddling along and the Super Bowl Champs are still winning. Their one loss made them better.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Don't know what the heck all this means but wanted you to know I am reading your blog! lol :)