Sunday, October 19, 2014

NFL picks - week 7

Last Week - 11 - 3
Overall - 56 - 34

New England over Jets - In New England playing the Jets? This is a no-brainer.

Buffalo over Minnesota - This week seems easy, but that can be deceiving. Neither one of these teams is a standout, but the Bills have a better record by one and a more experienced quarterback. Plus they are the home team.

Chicago over Miami - Out of all my picks this weekend this is the one I went back and forth on as I always do with a few picks. I'm going to be annoyed if the Dolphins pull out the upset.

Detroit over New Orleans - Some Sundays the Saints march out and play and some days they don't even bother to show up. The Lions at least give a good game.

Green Bay over Carolina - The Panthers could play like they played last week, but the Packers are at home and it is usually very hard to beat them in Lambeau.

Indianapolis over Cincinnati - Okay, maybe I should add this game to the iffy pile along with the Bears over the Dolphins. Now that I'm typing this I'm having second thoughts. The Bengals aren't happy with the tie they took in overtime last week, but their defense is struggling and ailing. Will they come out crazy enough to beat the Colts at home? I'm locked in with my pick, but oh, this should be a good game.

Seattle over St. Louis - The Seahawks will run all over the Rams this week. Guaranteed.

Tennessee over Washington - Apparently the Skins are favored. Huh. Who knew?

Cleveland over Jacksonville - Come on Florida football team that can't seem to win! Pfft. As much as I hope the Jaguars beat the Browns, I sure can't bet with them.

Baltimore over Atlanta - The Ravens just seem to always win.

San Diego over Kansas City - My SIL said that my brother was depressed about his Cardinals losing to the Giants and remarked, "Now what do I have to get excited about?" I told her that he has his Chargers. Jeez. The Royals are smokin' right now, but the Chiefs? Not so much. The Chargers are the are hot, hot, hot. and won't lose this one at home.

Dallas over Giants - Poor Eli. I hope he practiced this week getting up off the ground since that seems to be what he does more than anything so far this year.

Arizona over Oakland - So this week I found out, via some article, that Bruce Arians allegedly never wanted to retire from the Steelers. Turned out for the best for him after a stint in Indianapolis as coordinator and then fill-in head coach that led to this head coaching job in Arizona. Right now he too is smokin' hot and the Raiders won't give him any grief I'm sure.

Denver over San Francisco - The question is can the Broncos keep on playing their game week after week? I think they can.

Pittsburgh over Houston - Because I don't bet against my team. Well, rarely. Sigh.


No comments: