Sunday, October 26, 2014

NFL picks week 8

Last Week - 10 - 5
Overall - 66 - 39

Broncos over Chargers - This should be a sling fest between two top quarterbacks, but as anyone who reads my blogs knows, Denver's Peyton Manning is the best so I'm going with him.

Detroit over Atlanta - At some point the Falcons are going to win again. This might be the week as the Lions sometimes come to play and sometimes don't. But I'll stick with the better team and hope the Lions play like they did last week.

Baltimore over Cincinnati - Should I or shouldn't I? If the Bengals hadn't beaten the Ravens in game one I would have taken them since they haven't won a game since game 3. But they didn't. So I'm taken the Ravens who hate getting smacked down twice within the division.

Houston over Tennessee - The Texans will fix those mistakes they made on Monday night against the Steelers.

St. Louis over Kansas City - My wildcard game. The pre-game shows have them and sometimes I have them. I like what St. Louis is doing with their team of misfits.

New England over Chicago - Tom Brady against a locker room full of men who are annoyed at themselves, each other, and their quarterback? Snore.

Buffalo over the Jets - Another boring game except for fans. The Jets could get lucky. Maybe I should have gone with that same at-some-point-surely-they-will-win-a-game feeling I have with Atlanta, but...nah.

Tampa Bay over Minnesota - The Bucs want to fix what is wrong. I'm not so sure that will ever happen this year, but I think they can pull out a win here at home this week.

Seattle over Carolina - The Seahawks won't lose today.

Miami over Jacksonville - Good for the Jags. They got the monkey off their back last week with a win. They won't get that this week.

Philadelphia over Arizona - The Eagles could come off the bye week sleepy on the road. This should be the game of the week with both teams at 5-1. I'm not sure why I took the Eagles, but I did.

Cleveland over Oakland - The Browns got beat by a losing team last week. They won't let that happen again this week at home.

Pittsburgh over Indianapolis - Okay, so I'm crazy. Maybe I'm still on the high from Monday night's game. The Steelers are looking for an identity. They are running around the field all willy nilly wondering what is happening, but every once in awhile they come together enough to pull out a win. I'm hoping this happens tonight because I'm already getting texts from Hoosier family making comments about my Terrible Towel becoming a crying towel. Talkin' smack a whole week early...

Green Bay over New Orleans - Are the Saints still marching on? That whole division just puts me to sleep and as long as the Packers play their game this should be another one in the bag for them.

Dallas over Washington - Maybe the Skins will give them a game. This could be fun. I just went with the Cowboys who have a better record, a stability at quarterback (cough), and are playing at home.

No comments: