Saturday, October 18, 2014

5 things to start the weekend

  • Our neighborhood Walmart is moving across the street into a renovated old Kmart. While I am a Target girl there are certain things that Walmart has that I will enter the doors for, but our local store is disgustingly dirty and in a terrible spot to get in and out of. People are always panhandling and will approach you as you enter and exit the store, sometimes scaring the hell our of you when you are busy loading groceries into your car. I try to avoid going there, but the new store across the road is going to be beautiful. This week I found out it opens next week and so I called SueG and said, "Yo, girl, guess what?"
  • Madison actually applied for two colleges this week! She is such a procrastinator, but the deadline for one of the schools was the 15th and so I cracked the whip as she needs to get as much money in scholarships as possible. Together we filled out the application which ended up giving me a headache and made me very cross. All the nonsense of information these institutions want? How the heck am I suppose to remember what month, day, and year that I became a Florida resident when I can't even remember why I came into a room?
  • We have a three day weekend starting today. As usual we made no plans for fun, for visiting colleges, or for something different. I'll make my kids clean. That'll show 'em.
  • The whole senior year is going to be the death of my husband because it means big $$$. First expense thus far for us has been senior pictures. The cheapest package is $250 and the poor man came unglued. I'm starting off small with him so that when it comes time to pay the first tuition bill for college he might not have a heart attack.
  • Kelly buys these toffee peanuts at the Family Dollar store and they are so delicious. She left the can here last night and Tom and I finished them off. Later I saw that it has a 100% satisfaction guaranty and if I'm not happy it says to return the empty package for a refund or exchange. I wonder since it has to be empty if I can just do that and say I was only 97% satisfied and that maybe another can might help me change my mind. 

No comments: