Monday, November 23, 2015

Monday morning NFL recap - week #11

The Steelers had a bye week so I watched the Buccaneers and Eagles game and my Redzone Channel. I was doing really well on my picks in the first half and then things went the wrong way.
In fantasy I lost Devonte Freeman with a concussion, but did have Doug Martin who ran his little booty off. Ended the night watching the Bengals get beat which helps the Steelers. Not only that, but Andy Dalton and Larry Fitzgerald, nice catch in the end buddy, put me over my competitor to win in fantasy. And that was with one black spot and my kicker on a bye week. Obviously this isn't my pick year, but hello, fantasy football.
  1. Fox dubbed this week of football as The Back-ups" due to the large amount of well, back up quarterbacks getting a start. Denver and Indianapolis squeaked by with a win, but the others didn't fair so well on their big days.
  2. Five touchdowns was the magic number this week with Carolina's Cam Newton and Tampa's JameisWinston both throwing record tying five touchdowns. Let's hope Winston can keep his head in the game and his name out of the tabloids.
  3. I was glad to hear the Fox pre-game guys discuss Peyton Manning with Terry Bradshaw telling Denver's new coach that he should be ashamed for trying to change Manning's style of play."I think Gary Kubiak when he came over should have looked at his guy and said, okay, let's run the offense this guy's been running. I don't think Kubiak was smart in forcing this offense on Peyton." Damn straight Terry. WTH? I blame John Elway. He's only your savior until it isn't working out for him. Manning should have talked to Tim Tebow before believing the crap that spilled from Elway's mouth when he courted Manning. 
  4. Part of me wanted John Fox to beat Denver this week as a "stick it in your face" moment. Part of me wanted Denver's back up to have a loss. But the biggest part of me wanted the Broncos to win so that Manning can come back in and go out of the NFL with what he has been accustomed to for most of his career. He deserves that. 
  5. Several games came down to the wire and the Redzone channel loves putting all of them on the screen in little boxes at the same time so that your eyes are jumping all over the television. Somehow during all of that confusion I missed Baltimore losing quarterback Joe Flacco who apparently tore some ligaments on his second to last play before kicker Justin Tucker came out to win the game. Add another back up to the roster next week.
  6. What I did see in that same game was the Rams quarterback, back up QB Case Keenum, get tackled hard enough that the back of his head hit the turf like a hammer on a nail. He appeared very disoriented when he was helped back up onto his feet and quarterback Nick Foles immediately strapped on his helmet to come in and win the game. Instead Keenum remained in the game and fumbled the ball two plays later. What? Who was on that concussion watch? Somebody is getting fined or fired this week. I'm a novice when it comes to concussions, but even I could see that Keenum's eyes were crossed and his head fuzzy.
  7. Dallas' quarterback Tony Romo returned this week from his collarbone injury, and while he wasn't perfect with two interceptions, he did well enough to win against the Dolphins and snap a seven game losing streak for the Cowboys.
  8. Once again Tampa's running back Doug Martin had another crazy day ending with 235 rushing yards and giving me over twenty points in my fantasy league. He's like a tiny bullet whizzing through the crowd looking for his target. If only he had been able to make it into the end zone.
  9. Have you ever watched the fans at these NFL games? I'm telling you right now these people are nuts. Surely I don't look like that in my living room. Cue Darcy rolling her eyes.
  10. I thought Carolina giving Washington a safety with a minute left in the game was bizarre and didn't really get that everyone thought it was classy. Why wouldn't you run the ball out of the end zone and just fall down? Why is giving the other team two points classy?
  11. I rolled my eyes all week long at the uproar of Cam Newton's dancing last week after making first downs and after scoring or throwing touchdowns against the Tennessee Titans. One Titan fan was so upset by Newton's dancing she wrote an open letter to him via the newspapers telling him so. As if the Titans have never done anything like that. Look lady, I've never liked the Titans since they stomped on the Steelers Terrible Towel during a game, going too far by wiping their asses with it. Talk about disrespect. If you want to whine about things, get a blog like me!

No comments: