Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Out of the mouths of my babes

On Sunday I face-timed Madison to see if she had found a ride to the airport this coming Wednesday. (MY GIRL IS COMING HOME TODAY!!) Darcy and her friend Savanna were both in the room and they joined in too. During our conversation, Darcy piped up to ask her about a text she had sent Darcy.

Darcy: "You never sent me a picture about that pyramid scheme."

Me: "What pyramid scheme?"

Madison: "I got this weird call from some girl who told me I had signed up to learn more about some program. That is entirely possible as people come into our classes all the time giving us papers to sign up for programs and clubs and stuff. I was trying to get to class so I just quickly made an appointment to meet her in the student union at 1:40 pm. She told me there would be a table with folders and I was to find the folder with my name on it and come into the room to hear about the program. Well, I figured there would be food, and I felt guilty since I made the appointment so I went. But I couldn't find any program there. I talked to the guy at the student union, but he couldn't tell me anything. Then the girl called me again and by the time I found her she was sitting by herself at a table with one folder on it. I sat down and listened to her talk about this summer work program. She kept telling me how I would make all of this money. How I would be trained during spring break. She went on and on about business plans and work ethics and all sorts of stuff without telling me what it was all about. Finally I just asked her what kind of business and she said painting houses."

Me: "What? What the heck? Why did you listen to all of this? I'm telling you right now that you are coming home for the summer so don't go getting any other ideas."

Madison: "The job was for me to gather a team together to paint houses in North Carolina. I would write the business plan and be in charge of seeing that my crew painted these houses all summer. This girl said she made $20,000 but I might not make as much. I told her I wasn't a business major and that I lived in Florida. She offered to find me an apartment and then she made me read this booklet of all the plans and rules and stuff."

Me: "Oh, for heaven's sake, why didn't you just tell her you weren't interested?"

Madison: "Because I had walked all the way over to the student union to meet with her. It was funny. I wasn't going to do this. I thought when she handed me the packet to read that would be the end of it, but she told me that was her only copy so I had to sit there and read it. Then she told me I would have to interview for the job. That's how she ended it. I was suppose to email her two reasons why I wanted the job. I said okay, and left and didn't email her."

Darcy: "Excuse me, Madison, by how is that a pyramid scheme?"

Madison: "Because she got made money if I did this."

Darcy: "And how is that a pyramid scheme? There wasn't any building."

Savanna: "Darcy, you don't really think that they were building a pyramid like in cheerleading, did you?"

Darcy: "Uh, yes. Isn't that a pyramid scheme?"

After we finished laughing at her expense...

Madison: "I thought it was weird that you wanted a picture. I thought what picture? One of the folder with my name on it?"

Darcy: "Well, I wanted a picture of you on the bottom of the pyramid."

Madison: "Yep, and that's where I would be if I got hired by this girl."


No comments: