Sunday, May 06, 2018

Four month 2018 resolution check

Every two months I check in on my resolutions for the year and rate myself with numbers 1-10. Always working to have a total 60-60 by the end of the year. Has yet to happen but I'm optimistic. So, here goes:


  1. Eat a fruit and vegetable and drink milk daily and exercise twenty minutes a day, whether walking or dancing, going to the gym or just getting up and marching in place. Just some movement, and to get back to the weight I was before the death of Connie. That will be thirty pounds, give or take a few bags. (That’s a spades reference) - Oops. Forgot all about this one since the end of my study that I failed. Bummer. Okay, ready to begin starting now... Score: 0
  2. To finish my romance novel - The word finish makes this a difficult one to score each month. I work on it religiously, but starting with #1 I'm making office hours to make it a job. Because it now is my job. I am a finalist in another contest and I'm turning in a weekly word count to my chapter.  Score: 8
  3. To finish scanning all of my photos into the computer - What the hell is up with the word "finish"? Yikes. I have worked on this project so I'm counting that. I've gotten through three boxes of photos and arranged them by year. I've scanned some. I did good. Score: 8
  4. To begin exploring my maternal and paternal genealogy (So that I can do something with those photos I have inherited of people I don't know) - Yes! This month, in accordance with #3, I explored my dad's side of the family and updated my ancestry page.  Score: 10
  5. To travel whether with or without other people - Yes! Another perfect score. I've traveled since the last check-in to New York City and North Carolina. I have a trip already planned for this month. Score: 10
Total: 36 out of 50 - Getting better each check-in. I'll take it. Four months in and I'm working hard!

No comments: