Friday, May 04, 2018

NC campus visit #3

I've walked UNC many times in my moving Madison in and out of her dorms. Tom hasn't had the guided tour so Madison did the honors for him on Sunday. We all agree, and of course, we are biased, it is the best one of the three. I love the close-knit community, the brick walkways, the colors, and the different architecture. I love Franklin Street with its businesses and restaurants and hotels. I love the trees, the greenery, and the history. I also love my kid who attends and loves the university.







She took us to libraries, to the student union, to buildings where she's had classes, and she shared stories, history, and knowledge of the university. We toured the public museum and ate dinner on Franklin Street. We got to see things she has talked about during our weekly phone calls. We met her friends. We spent plenty of time with her just being with her.






It was a good visit, if not quick. I hope it rejuvenated her and gave her a jump start on the summer. It certainly made her parents feel better. Here's to a great summer for all of us. For all of you. Wherever you may be residing.

No comments: