Thursday, May 03, 2018

NC campus visit #2

Saturday I mentioned that I had never seen Duke's campus and that was all the man behind the wheel needed. We were off to visit campus #2. Madison was on duty until noon and had a luncheon to attend so we headed toward Durham.


This time we opted to park and walk. Tom and Madison had toured the campus four years ago and so he insisted he knew his way. He did a good job. We hiked over two miles. I was definitely getting my exercise.







It's a beautiful campus. Very Gothic, but I'm not sure how the students know which dorm is theirs because they are literally all alike. It lacked the charm I'm used to at UNC. No brick walkways. No colorful flora. It's also out of the way of any town so no street charm with varieties of restaurants and businesses. 

We did tour the Sarah P. Dukes Gardens although we didn't get through all 55 acres. I did, however, get tons of pictures.









We picked Maddy up in the afternoon, did more shopping, ate and ended our night at the sold-out Avengers movie, a Tom choice. Madison spent the night at our motel where she stayed up until 4:00 a.m. studying for her finals this week. She did not massage my aching legs and feet. But I did get plenty of snuggle time with her.

No comments: