Monday, June 27, 2011

10 things

1.  The dog can't stay indoors while someone is in the pool.  If we try he howls and howls and howls LOUDLY.  Once he is outside he runs around and around the pool barking in a shrill girly voice that his friend's would be embarrassed to hear.  He wants to be splashed so that he can jump up to catch the droplets of water.  Sometimes he just jumps in.  Sometimes he falls.  The first week out this summer he collapsed inside after being poolside with Darcy.  His back paws were bleeding and he was panting as if his life depended on it.  Madison, my aspiring vet, sat by his side for almost two hours administering to his paws, keeping him hydrated, and cooling down his little head.  Turns out he had cut his pad on one of his paws.  I still say he had some heat exhaustion as well, but I don't think my husband mentioned all of this when he took him in to the full-fledged vet to check out his cut.  He is healing nicely, but will not stay indoors while we are out by the pool.

2.  My neighbor is writing a story.  He got the idea from watching television.  He has written many stories in the past and has even had one published.  He has asked me to edit his story, and we play email tags back and forth daily.  Madison showed me how to edit on my Ipad so I take it with me when I get the oil changed and when sitting in the waiting rooms of medical professions.  I've taken to telling people I am an editor. 

3.  Last summer I had the runs.  This summer I have back troubles.  The back troubles started with the runs, but none of the doctors I visited seemed to care.  Some days the lower back would hurt and some days it was fine.  Eventually the fine went away and the pain increased and now it affects the sciatic nerve and pain runs down my right leg almost to the ankle.  My physical therapist friend diagnosed it as my sacrum.  She worked on me one evening and gave me some exercises to do.  I made an appointment with my regular doctor to see what the heck is going on.  I don't take anything for it and was picturing my doctor asking me that very question and then wondering why I hadn't tried ibuprofen.  Today, because of some inflammation in my gum, my dentist told me to take ibuprofen and my back pain lessened.  I've decided I'll pop them all week just so I can see if it continues to lessen and so I can tell my doctor I've tried it.

4.  I am hooked on solitaire on my Ipad.  It is so easy to play when watching television and it keeps me from eating.  If only it weren't so solitary, and I could challenge someone.

5.  In less then two years my oldest could be behind the wheel of a vehicle.  How did she get out of that stroller I use to put her in?

6.  I'm not a bikini wearer.  I think I had one once that I only used to tan in my backyard behind the red fence.  I have never put my daughters in one.  I use the excuse that they are redheads and that would be just that much more needing sunscreen.  My girls were born in Florida.  Most Floridians, regardless of weight and beauty, wear a bikini to the beach.  All of their friends own bikinis.  My youngest craved one.  I finally broke down and allowed it, but only in the backyard pool.  I have to say she looks amazing in one.  All the more for keeping her in the backyard.

7. Had x-rays taken of my back and hips.  I'm waiting for the results and chewing my nails.  Why can't doctor's offices just put you out of your misery and call already?  Or better yet have me come in to discuss the results.  My brain is imagining all sorts of horrible ailments.  No wonder my dentist thinks I'm under stress.

8.  Why is it that as soon as I learn a program on a website it changes?  First yahoo mail changed and now blogger has reinvented itself.  I'm not a big fan of this new change and the wide area I have for typing.  On my Ipad the words are about the size of an ant.  Madison tells me I can enlarge it as you can do on the Iphone and Ipad, but then I can't see the whole paragraph only four or five words at a time.  Do they just have someone on staff that just comes up with changes?  Someone who looks at a calendar or watch and says, "Yep, everyone should be comfortable now, let's change it up and f**k with their minds!"  I want that job!

9.  If there is a football season, I am going to see a Steelers home game!  Tickets went on sale Saturday for the little amount of individual tickets available, and I got four of them.  I was a nervous wreck, and felt like I was in some competition with other people sitting at their computers waiting for the 10:00 AM on sale time.  I had two browsers opened, which turned out to be a no-no, and I kicked out of the system the first time.  Eventually I got back in it and scored my tickets.  Now we just need a season!

10.  Nine of my TV shows were cancelled this year.  I'm wondering if the networks are just plain stupid.  Why would I want to embrace the new season of shows when they can't seem to hang on to the once they had?  What motivation do I have for getting hooked on a new show?  The chances of it lasting are nil.  Four of the nine that were cancelled were new shows this year.  Not a good track record.  And people wonder why reality TV is such a hit? 

2 comments:

Susan said...

Today was the first stress-free day I had felt in awhile UNTIL I just read your blog...now I'm stressing over your stresses! We really need a vacation from stress... I wonder if it is too late to book a cruise that last the rest of summer (no phones, no computers...nothing but sun, beach and a tropical drink!)

K Anne said...

Who are you two kidding? You couldn't be without your phones or computers (that includes iPads) for the length of a cruise. What someone needs to invent is the temporary lobotomy. It could last just three days. In those 3 days, you wouldn't have any cares at all, no mood swings at all, no responsibilities, you can't even drive a car. You would have to be taken care of the whole time by trained and muscular male nurses. After 3 days your memory would start coming back fast...high school! housework! sick relatives! money issues! It would all come flooding back and you would be stressed again. But you would be refreshed from your 3 day lobotomy.