Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Slide Photos for the week

Every July we have a family reunion at my paternal grandparents' farm.  In honor of that tradition I am posting slide photos of the Mason family and the Mason farm.


My grandmother and myself in 1966

My grandmother and her son, my father in 1967

 My grandparents, aunts and uncles, my mother and my brother and I in 1968

 Cara & Rusty...farmhands in 1970

My father, his mother, his brother, his father, and his sister in 1970

 My grandparents with Rusty and me in 1972

 Cousins, aunts and uncles, grandparents in 1972 

A working farm still in 1972

My grandmother died in 1972.  I have a few memories, but not many.  We continued to visit the farm even after my grandfather moved in with his daughter in her house down the road.  My father died on that farm.  It has been in our family for over 100 years, never owned by another family, and the state of Indiana has recognized it for this very reason.  I'm looking forward to heading back there this summer if only for a short time.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I remember visiting the farm. I don't remember a whole lot but I do remember the time you and Rusty convinced me to "touch" the electric fence. I proceeded to GRAB the fence and then couldn't let go. Then you grabbed me and he grabbed you and we all got a great shock. That was sooooo funny! Such great memories.