Thursday, June 16, 2011

Connie Foot Photo #22

Today at the Foot God's office I strolled nonchalantly down the hallway to catch a glimpse of the man who receives the initial dermagraft, but who leaves enough left over to service one or two others; Connie being one of the others.  I turned around at the corner and stood a minute as if assessing something in my mind, and then I nonchalantly strolled back toward room 10 looking in the other rooms as I went by.  For some reason doors are not closed at the podiatrist's office.  I saw a young man to the right.  I saw a middle aged woman to the left.  I saw an older woman to the right, and then as I passed the last door on the left before reaching room 10 and I saw a foot WITH THE EXACT WOUND as Connie's.  It was on a different foot and more in the middle of his foot, but it looked EXACTLY like Connie's wound; same size, same depth.  It was so amazing I entered room 10 with my mouth wide open.  I never did see his face, just his foot.


When the Foot God appeared in the room to attend to Connie the equipment was not out and ready for him so he up and left, informing Nurse Kelly what he needed before returning.  Then he went into another patient's room and closed the door.  Dermagraft Joe, who had followed him into our room with the excess piece of dermagraft, sat down at the end of Connie and took a gander at the wound.  He stayed and chatted with us as we waited for Nurse Kelly to spring into action and his highness to return.  He was in the other room WAY longer then he ever is with Connie, and Dermagraft Joe had to finally go and gently remind him that time was of the essence where the dermagraft was concerned.

The Foot God breezed in, declared it looked "good", sat down and applied the dermagraft to her wound.  He told her she could resume home health to change the outer bandage as it has been P U stinky.  After seeing the other wound, and knowing there was a third person with the same wound (tried to see his wound too, but think he heard me discussing how to stroll past his door, which was at the end of the hall, and I think he hid it from my sight as I only glimpsed one foot with no wound when I went past pretending I was trying on some Dr. Weil's shoes, which they heavily advertise there) I see now why no one in that office gets excited or wound up about Connie's foot wound.  THERE ARE WOUNDS EVERYWHERE.

No comments: