Thursday, June 23, 2011

Out of the mouths of my babes

Every time Madison goes out into the sunlight she sneezes; giant sneezes in which she says quite loudly, "ACHOO!". The sunlight does this to her each time she goes outside. Today when we got to my mother's house for the Foot God appointment we exited the car and Madison began her sneezing ritual.

Madison: "ACHOO! ACHOO ! ACHOO, ACHOO!"

I have always been someone that doesn't like to draw attention. As we walked toward the condo with Madison screaming out her sneezes I pictured her doing that in high school. That picture led to me trying not to worry about how she would be perceived. Then I thought about how I never would have sneezed loud enough for one person to hear let alone the entire parking lot in fear of being made fun of. I pictured people making fun of her as she sneezed her gigantic sneezes, and then told myself that was my fear not hers.

Me: "Oh how I wish my daughter could quiet her sneezes so they sounded more like "achoo, achoo. You know more lady-like."

Madison: "BURP!"

I give up.

No comments: