Friday, June 24, 2011

Connie Foot Photo #23


Foot God:  "How we doing?  That looks nice.  It's looking healthy."

No dermagraft today, just a bandage change.  Nurses continue coming to change it every two days.  Connie wants a timeline, but of course the Foot God won't respond and give her what she wants.  He is vague.

Foot God:  "A month it should be good.  We'll see then."

I think he is as tired of it as we are.


While we were there my neighbor came in and was put down next door to Connie.  Three years ago he had a melanoma on his heel.  It was surgically removed and he had a skin graft taken from his leg.  Now a wart has appeared in the same spot and he has been working with the Foot God to get rid of the stubborn thing.  They tried acid patches, and since that hasn't worked he was there to try some laser treatments.

I wanted to go in with him to experience the whole laser shooting, but the Foot God, doing his best to ignore the fact that I had bounced from Connie's room to my neighbor's room, ignored my request.  While I was back with Connie setting up her next week's appointment my neighbor was taken to another room.  When we went in search of him we found the door closed with a huge sign that said, "DANGER - DO NOT ENTER". 

So we left and went grocery shopping. 

Later when I saw my neighbor to get the whole saga on laser treatments, he told me that Nurse Kelly had given him a T-shirt.  What?  Seriously?  Connie and I haven't been given a T-shirt.  Boy, what until we see her next week...

My neighbor's foot wound

No comments: