Sunday, January 15, 2012

Library book saga part 2

The day that I knew I was going to handle the missing library book issue at Connie's library I went into Darcy's bedroom after dropping her off at school and stood and surveyed the room.  I checked her bookshelf for the book.  No go.  My adrenaline was quite high by this point as I had been on my way to Connie's when Madison had texted me that I needed to return home as she was missing her folder with an important document in it that she needed THAT VERY DAY if she was going to exempt her midterms.  I hadn't found the folder and so I had moved on to the library book issue and was quite fired up.  I picked up her bed and heaved it to the side and stared in wonder at the mess under it.  No book.  I left the bed where it was and got down on my hands and knees to look under her six drawer, very heavy, dresser.  I couldn't even see under it as there was so much stuff crammed under it.  I swept my hand under it and pulled out money, candy wrappers, a sock, crumpled papers, a ruler, an old test paper, a cough drop, a die, a headband, and a peppermint candy.  Using the ruler I swept under the dresser again and got another whole batch of crap.  The adrenaline was pumping now and so I stood up, while the dog grabbed the peppermint candy and took off running, but that's another story, and used that pumping adrenaline to heave one side of the dresser away from the wall and out into the room.  This is what I discovered:


Okay, to be honest these pictures were taken the last time I pulled out her dresser, but seriously the crap behind the dresser was the same as these pictures.  No book however, and being really annoyed that she was still leaving crap behind and under her dresser, I left the dresser as is in the middle of the room.

When she returned home from school the two of us tackled her messy room.  We pulled all the furniture from her walls into the middle of the room.  We cleaned all the stuff under and behind the furniture.  We vacuumed and cleaned baseboards.  We cleaned out drawers.  We rearranged her room.  By the time it was all put together we were sore, tired, and hungry.  But NO library book.

 The saga continues....

1 comment:

K Anne said...

Well no book but I like the new arrangement of furniture. Seeing those pics of Darcy's room reminds me of someone else's room, a room from a long time ago...hmmm...who's was that?