Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Very superstitous toast?

I am very superstitious, and when I got a call on Saturday from our friends who wanted to bring me over a surprise gift, my first thought was to tell them no.  I knew, of course, that it had to be a Steelers gift, but last year they brought me a gift the day of the Super Bowl.  It was a huge Steelers pinata that they had seen in a shop in Arizona, bought, and carried home on the airplane that very day, and they had driven from the airport to give it to me minutes before I left to watch the game.  And we lost the Super Bowl. 


And yes, of course, I know it didn't have anything to do with their gift, which I love and have hanging in my Steelers room, but still when they called the day before the playoffs...  Sigh.  I told them to come over and I unwrapped the gift which was a Steelers toaster that makes Steelers toast.


It is really cool.  Darcy made Steelers toast all day long and ate it for breakfast yesterday.  We tried to come up with ways to integrate it into an appetizer so that I could take it to my buddy's house when I watched the playoff game, but other than peanut butter sandwiches and BLT's we didn't come up with anything tasty.


And then the next day we lost in the playoffs.  And my superstitious nature has kicked in.  And I might just be blaming the family who loves to get and give me Steelers gifts.  And definitely next year I will tell them to hold off on giving them to me until the off season.  But until then I'm going to have some toast and jelly...

No comments: