Saturday, January 07, 2012

Saturday's snippets

  1. The Steelers are broken, wounded, old, and run down, but we will still show Tim Tebow how football is played come Sunday late afternoon.  I hope.
  2. How hard is it to write a thank you note?  I guess I remember hating to do such a thing as a kid.  What do I say after I say thank you kind of thing, but seriously?  It takes all of three minutes to churn out one of those babies, yet my kids spend HOURS working on these notes. 
  3. I need an outlet besides Farmville, which just annoys me each time I go on the game.  And really is it a game?  Am I using any brain cells on this thing?  I am entertained, but the building and asking for materials thing is what made me quit in the first place and it will be what does it for me the second time.
  4. I need a hair cut.  I'm keeping my hair long for the winter and it brings back my youthful days of my twenties, but where did that gray stuff come from?
  5. The no nail biting thing is hard.  As is the working out and lowering cholesterol and eating healthier.  Tell me again why we look forward to the new year?
  6. I finally got to see the movie New Year's Eve and it left me so happy.  A fun, feel good movie for the new year.  And oh, my god, I just LOVE Zac Efron.  Absolutely love him!  So talented.  So adorable.
  7. How can I wash my hair before bed after the husband has gone to bed?  That means I can't blow dry my hair because the dryer is so loud.  But I must dry my hair because the weather is so cold.  These are the things that keep me awake at night.
  8. Who invented lint brushes?  And could they have done a better job of removing the papers?
  9. I was concerned that my high school daughter doesn't have a social life, but then I ran into some of her peers out on Friday night and I was thankful she chose to stay at home and do homework.
  10. Go Steelers!  Go Steelers!  Go Steelers!

1 comment:

K Anne said...

3. Amen sister. Let it go. Just let it go. You may be amazed at how freeing it feels. I felt immediately like the burden had lifted.

7. Why can't you dry your hair in the girls' bathroom? Or in the living room? That way your husband can sleep and you don't get pneuomonia.

8. You really get what you pay for when it comes to sticky paper lint removers. With those, you gotta pay more to get more quality.