Monday, January 02, 2012

Monday Morning Sports Recap

Steelers:
  1. Are these guys just trying to lose?  I'm hoping that we play better in the playoffs then we have all year long, but seriously?  I'm not too hopeful.
  2. Troy had another good game running all over the field and doing his jumping on the opponents back tackle.  Again, he missed some interceptions.  Sigh.
  3. Heath Miller set a record for tight ends.
  4. Hines Ward set a record of 1,000 career receptions.  
  5. Ben Roethlisberger set a record of 5,000 throwing yards for the season.
  6. Once again we racked up injuries, possibly loosing Mendenhall for the playoffs.  Well, if Redman is our answer to replacing him I certainly hope that he can keep the *&%$ ball in his hands.  Holey Moley how can someone fumble more than once in a game?  I'm afraid I lost it on the second fumble and scared my daughter to death.
  7. The big question will be can Ryan Clark play in Mile High Stadium with his sickle-cell disease?  Clark set his own record this year with the most tackles of the season on the team.  We need him, but at what cost?
Other:
  1. The Indiana Hoosiers kicked some more rated butt again knocking off #2 Ohio State.  I got to see this game and boy, was it a doozey.  Felt good to watch Indiana winning basketball again.
  2. Poor Tampa Bay.  Can anything be said here?
  3. Congrats to LeBron James for his engagement?  Pfft.  I say congrats to the mother of his children, Savannah Brinson, who will finally have some financial security with a ring on her finger.
  4. I always wondered if teams gave it their all here at the end when they had nothing to gain.  I mean did the Bengals want to beat the Ravens to give the Steelers the number 2 seed or do they like the Ravens better?  Did the Colts lose so that they could sew up the number 1 draft pick?  Hmmmm...
  5. What will Rex Ryan do now that he isn't in the playoffs?  Exercise, I hope.
  6. I read that 2011's biggest sport story was Mike Krzyzewski topping his mentor, Bob Knight as the winning-est coach in college basketball.  The author seemed perplexed that that story topped the Penn State diabolical, but I say, it should!  How about 2011 in sports be about the positive side of sports?  The good in sports?  Cheer! 

1 comment:

Joe said...

I agree! There are so many great things that happen in the sporting world, but the focus is always on the negative. I run a non-profit that focuses on all of the great things that athletes, coaches and teams do for the community. Would love for you to stop by and see! http://www.thegoodinsports.com. Enjoyed the post!