Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Loving.....

My new Chef Mate mesh strainer!

When we remodeled our kitchen years ago we bought a new sink and garbage disposal. The disposal came with a rubber piece that fit down into the hole leading into the depths of the disposal. Most rubber pieces that I have had in the past were limber enough that food particles and such just flowed through the little rubber wings into the disposal. Our rubber piece did not do this. Our little rubber wings refused to budge and we had to shove our food particles down past the wings so that the disposal could do its job.

I tried to purchase another rubber piece but to no avail. The only way to get one of these rubber pieces is to purchase a new garbage disposal. I had no need for that. So I cut down the wings of my rubber piece in hopes that would do the trick. It didn't. It worked enough to get by, but every time I had to shove down the food another tick went up in my blood pressure. I lived with this for years until I cut down the rubber piece some more.

I happened to gripe about this to a friend of mine while she was staying with us. A few days later she sent me two Chef Mate mesh strainers that fit right into the drain to catch the food. She uses them at her own home, but only because she doesn't have a disposal. I didn't think it was what I wanted, but I was willing to try it out. Whoo Hoo! How this thing has changed my life. The strainer catches all of my food, and then I just turn it upside down and dump it into the disposal or into the trash! Problem solved. I can't tell you how happy I am about my new toy.

Thank you, Sharon, thank you!

1 comment:

K Anne said...

I am thrilled to hear this! I am not going to have a disposal soon and this will be very helpful.