Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Weighing in.....on important issues

Some things that have me wondering...

  • The Woman Who Made Her Kids Walk After Fighting In The Car - Not smart in this day and age. Understand that anger, but know that I wouldn't let them out because we don't live in an area that they could walk home safely. Should she be arrested? Welcome to government intervention in America. Whatever happened to the good old days when parents could tell their kids, "If you don't stop that fighting right now, I'm going to pull this car over and spank you?"
  • The Planes Flying Over The Statue of Liberty - Wow! Obviously not enough work for people in the defense department. How many people thought this was a good idea? And didn't the President notice that his plane wasn't in the hanger?
  • Celebrity Apprentice - I only watched this show the first time because Gene Simmons was on it, and as soon as he was off I stopped watching. This season I watched because I listened to the buzz on Joan Rivers. Now I'm asking myself why? What is the purpose of this game? I'm beginning to think that if you are loud and abusive you get to stay. Apparently, it is about raising the most funds, yet the last two episodes haven't involved raising any money. I'd like to see Jesse James win the whole thing for playing a clean game and doing the tasks that were set before him. Unfortunately, the poker player chick, Annie, will be in the finals. For good TV she will be against Joan Rivers. The whole thing seems staged to me. Yet I can't stop watching despite how dirty and depressed I feel afterward.
  • The Burner Covers on Kelly's Beach House Stove - The stove has four burners, three small ones and one big one. I've never seen that on a stove before, although Kelly assures me that all of her apartments have this. Yet, to replace the burner inserts she can only find packages that are sold with two big and two small inserts. Probably because that is the way stoves are made! And to add insult the inserts that are on the stove now don't even fit over the prong that attaches to the burner itself. Instead, the insert sits on top of the prong and the burner sits up higher than it is supposed to because it can't find the prong! Absolutely, crazy, and the solution that I have come up with is to replace my stove with a new one and put my old stove in the Beach House. The one in the Beach House? In the trash.
  • Our Turtle Toby - This is a turtle that I never wanted. I grew up with a turtle that was insane. He ate other turtles. He snapped at anything that was put within reach of his mouth. He lived despite being frozen into a block of ice when his tank was left outside in the winter. He climbed out of a Styrofoam cooler by digging his nails into the side and climbing up and over. I did not choose to live with another one. But we are. We have this turtle and guess who takes care of it? Guess who runs to the pet store and buys his supplies? Guess who scrubs the algae off his shell and out of the tank. Not the kid who begged me for the animal. My solution to this? I'm calling SueG. I have a direct line.

3 comments:

K Anne said...

First, I would also like to see Jesse james win because he has been calm and productive.
Second I would happy to take Toby and return him to his natural environment, there are 4 different ponds on the property where my job is located. let me know. Do I need to come by someday whenyou aren't home and snatch him up?

K Anne said...

that story about your insane turtle is...well...insane!

Connie said...

I hope that Joan Rivers stays gone before her face cracks on TV in front of the whole world. I like the poker player; she is bluffing!
I have to admit that I was the one who brought the turtle, Kaintuck, home from, yes, Kentucky Lake. It seemed like a good idea at the time, better than a DOG or CAT leaving hairs in my food.