Friday, April 17, 2009

From the archives

Saturday, September 7, 2002
In The Morning
My three year old woke me this morning--the one day that I sleep late. She came into my room and informed me of the following:
  1. The goldfish had died and Daddy had flushed him down the toilet.
  2. Her knee was hurting so Maddy got her a band-aid.
  3. The light is shining outside so it is morning and time for me to get up.
She then climbed into my bed with her doll and her pacifier for "some lovin". We hugged, kissed and cuddled. She asked me if I wanted to hear a song. I did, so she began. She sang a song she wrote herself. She wrote it right then while singing.

 It was sort of what I call a "story song" along the lines of Kenny Rodgers, The Gambler or Conway Twitty's, 38 Special. Her song was about bad witches, Ariel the Mermaid, stepsisters and stepmothers, birthday cakes and more.

The song went on and on and finally developed into a full-blown stage show complete with costumes and talking inanimate objects. This I had to sit up to watch as it was played out at the foot of my bed. It didn't take long before I was on my feet and getting dressed.

If only every morning could be this magical!


No comments: